While California rooflines may not face the same harsh conditions as properties in Minnesota, it’s still important to properly maintain your roof in Glendora, CA throughout the winter. Taking the following steps for roof protection will help prevent property damage and reduce further maintenance and repairs. With that in mind, this winter you should:
- Clean your gutters: No, it’s not a chore that most people enjoy. However, it is crucial to maintaining a healthy roof. Clogged gutters prevent proper drainage and invite pests. These issues can cause devastating damage to a property, so it’s better to clean the gutters than cope with these negative consequences.
- Replace shingles right away: If you notice any missing or damaged shingles on your roof, replace these immediately. Putting off this important maintenance can lead to additional damage, leaks and a lack of roof protection in Glendora, CA. For assistance with quick and efficient repairs, consult your local roofing experts.
- Inspect your roof: You may wonder how you’ll know if a shingle is missing from your roof. To make sure maintenance of your roof in Glendora, CA stays up to date, inspect the roof regularly. A good rule of thumb is to inspect it each season. You can perform this inspection yourself, but it is recommended that you hire a roofing professional to complete this inspection.
- Trim your trees: Branches that hang over your roof are potential hazards. Falling limbs or high winds can cause the tree to scrape your roofline and damage shingles. To prevent this damage, keep any trees that grow near your property neatly trimmed. Winter is a great time for this chore, due to the cooler temperatures for outdoor work.
- Look for rust: If any metal materials are experiencing rust, this will prevent proper roof protection in Glendora, CA. Rusted components not only lower your property’s curb appeal, but they are also a warning sign that parts may soon fail and need to be replaced.
- Check for growth: Moss, fungus and algae can eat away at your roof. When you perform your roof inspection this winter in Glendora, CA, be sure to check for these growths. If you discover any unwanted greenery up on your roof, contact your local roofing professionals to determine the best next steps for removal and future growth prevention.
- Seal it up: Look for any cracked or missing mortar or caulking around chimneys and joints. If you notice any areas in disrepair, seal these up right away. This will prevent further deterioration and other damage to your property.
Call for backup
Of course, one of the best ways to protect your roof this winter in Glendora, CA is to partner with professionals. For assistance with any of these tasks, reach out to the experts at Dowd Roofing Co. We have been the area’s go-to source for roofing solutions since 1979. Our experienced technicians will help you protect your roof this winter and beyond. Contact us today with any questions or to schedule your next roofing service appointment.