With the weather warming up, it’s the perfect chance to put some time and energy into home improvements and upgrades. One of the most important things to do for your home in Glendora, CA during the summer is roof repair. Over the fall and winter months, it’s common for roofs to sustain damage from exposure to extreme weather and temperature fluctuations. You can get your roof into the best shape possible before summer by following some simple roof maintenance tips.
If you want to get your roof into great shape, but you aren’t sure where to start, consider a few of these tips for summer roof maintenance in Glendora, CA:
- Inspect your roof: The first thing homeowners should do during summer roof maintenance is conduct a basic visual inspection. Walk around your home and look at your roof to check for signs of damage like missing shingles or holes. It’s also a good idea to check for algae, moss and debris that may have built up on your roof over the fall and winter months.
- Check for leaks: After conducting a visual inspection of your roof, look inside for signs of leaks. Water damage can be a serious issue, so pay close attention to any signs of water damage inside the home, including mold and mildew development. If you notice any signs of leaks, it’s a good idea to get a professional inspection to find the source of the problem and make the appropriate roof repair in Glendora, CA.
- Replace damaged shingles: Being proactive about repair is key when it comes to keeping roofs in good condition after the fall and winter months. If you notice any missing or damaged shingles, get them replaced right away to prevent further damage.
- Consider roof cleaning: Professional roof cleaning services are great for clearing away algae and moss. Roof shampooing is a gentle and effective option that professionals use to remove unwanted grime while preserving shingles and the roof’s structure. Roof cleaning and debris clearing can be very effective when it comes to preserving the quality of a roof and extending its lifespan.
- Clean gutters: Gutter cleaning is an almost universally unpopular household chore, but it’s also extremely important. When gutters become clogged with debris, they can’t channel water as effectively. Cleaning gutters on a regular basis is a very important aspect of summer roof maintenance in Glendora, CA that can prevent a lot of roofing problems.
- Get a professional inspection: Professional roofing contractors have the skills and experience necessary to identify roofing problems and recommend appropriate repairs. It’s a good idea to hire a professional roofing contractor for an inspection and to perform any necessary roof repairs to get your home into the best condition possible for the summer months.
Schedule professional roof repair in Glendora, CA
Get professional help with summer roof maintenance in Glendora, CA by reaching out to the team at Dowd Roofing Co. Since 1979, we’ve been dedicated to providing commercial and residential clients throughout the area with high-quality roofing services, including everything from minor repairs to full roof replacement. Get started with a personalized consultation and quote by giving us a call today.